It’s June, and for the first day of meteorological summer we have a beautiful sunny day at the Lloyd Farmers Market! Excitingly, the long-awaited Hood strawberries are here, at Greenville Farms’ booth. These little deep-red bursts of flavor are an Oregon treasure – not available elsewhere in the US – and an ephemeral one. The season for Hoods usually only lasts about three weeks, so get them while they last!
We also have a new vendor joining us today: Newk’s Hot Sauce! A hot sauce maker based in Portland, stop by and check out their flavors including Smoky Chipotle and Groovy Green. If you need even more heat, Fink’s Fermented Foods has some new spicy ferments – Fire Carrots and Caulifire.
Unger Farms returns soon – they’ll start their season next week, June 8th. Masks are still required for everyone 5 and older. See below for a full list of vendors at the market today. See you at the market!
- 4 Hearts Kombucha – craft-brewed canned kombucha
- 29 Kettle Confectionery – freshly roasted glazed nuts
- Blind Coffee Roasters – locally-roasted coffee beans
- Cheng Summer Bloom – bouquets of fresh cut flowers
- Dreg’s Vodka – locally distilled vodka, all profits go to NW charities
- Fink’s Fermented Foods – sauerkraut, pickles and kim chi
- Greenville Farms – strawberries, produce, honey, eggs, sausages, smoked salmon, jerky, cookies
- The Hummus Stop– hummus, baba ganoush, pita and other Mediterranean foods
- Mixteca – traditional Oaxacan tamales, mole bowls, burritos, tacos, drinks and more
- Newk’s Hot Sauce – hot sauce
- Remarkable Wonders – fresh baked goodies (including vegan options)
- Rocky Butte Coffee Roasters – locally roasted coffee beans, hot coffee, cold brew